Superintendent (New Luxury Homes & Remodels)
We are looking for enthusiastic people with experience and proven construction supervisory or management experience, to be a part of a growing team. This company is an established builder of high-end custom luxury homes and remodels. We are actively seeking Superintendents with excellent communication skills and a focus on delivering 5-star Customer Service.
Construction Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- The planning, scheduling, implementation, and coordination of quality-built homes from development through final construction on a timely and economical basis
- Involvement in managerial oversight of homes
- Selection, coordination, oversight, and management of people, materials, budgets, schedules
- Direct and monitor the progress of multiple projects
- Oversee the scheduling, delivery, and use of materials, the quality of construction, worker productivity, and compliance with building/safety codes
- Maintain safe, clean, and compliant job sites
- Understand contracts, plans, construction methods & regulations
- Track & control construction costs against the budget in order to avoid cost overruns
- Schedule and manage subcontractors and subcontractor relationships in order to build homes on schedule and close projects on time
- Complete homes and all customer walk through items prior to closing
- Maintain and direct computer-based scheduling to optimize efficiency
- Ability to establish good working relationships with a variety of people, including upper management, designers, sales, trades, vendors, and customers. Should be able to build rapport and maintain Customer Satisfaction during the buying/building process.
- Follow up with homeowners to ensure concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
- Must possess the ability to supervise effectively at all levels, and with a variety of personalities.
- Motivate building partners to perform at a high level of competency.
- Manage time effectively, multi-task, and prioritize in order to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Computer proficiency required to handle job scheduling, costing, payroll, and communication with vendors and trades.
- Be decisive, flexible & work well under pressure when faced with unexpected situations or delays and in a very fast-paced environment.
- Can analyze, and resolve problems. Excellent organizational, leadership, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Construction Practices and Terminology. Ability to read and understand blueprints and construction documents.
- Attention to Detail and Persistence in follow up
- Strong sense of urgency
- Team player
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds
- Report to Operations leader daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers, and higher-level manager