Construction Superintendent (Residential)
Integrity is our driving force. Whether we’re building the home of your dreams or the commercial space to help your business take off, our mission is to provide you with an excellent result on time and on budget, no excuses!
MMD is a family-owned and operated construction company that provides high-end home construction, home remodeling, home renovation, commercial construction, and commercial renovation services throughout San Diego and San Diego County. We have been delighting homeowners and business owners since 2006, and our excellent and close-knit team offers our clients over 100 years of combined experience. We commonly work in Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar, La Jolla, Santa Luz, and Fairbanks Ranch.
Our clients appreciate our honesty, our willingness to answer all of their questions, and our ability to fulfill our promises.
- Construction Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
We are looking for enthusiastic people with experience and proven construction supervisory or management experience, to be a part of a growing team. This company is an established builder of high-end custom luxury homes and remodels. We are actively seeking Superintendents with excellent communication skills and a focus on delivering 5-star Customer Service.
- The planning, scheduling, implementation, and coordination of quality-built homes from development through final construction on a timely and economical basis
- Involvement in managerial oversight of homes
- Selection, coordination, oversight, and management of people, materials, budgets, schedules
- Direct and monitor the progress of multiple projects
- Oversee the scheduling, delivery, and use of materials, the quality of construction, worker productivity, and compliance with building/safety codes
- Maintain safe, clean, and compliant job sites
- Understand contracts, plans, construction methods & regulations
- Track & control construction costs against the budget in order to avoid cost overruns
- Schedule and manage subcontractors and subcontractor relationships in order to build homes on schedule and close projects on time
- Complete homes and all customer walk through items prior to closing
- Maintain and direct computer-based scheduling to optimize efficiency
- Ability to establish good working relationships with a variety of people, including upper management, designers, sales, trades, vendors, and customers. Should be able to build rapport and maintain Customer Satisfaction during the buying/building process.
- Follow up with homeowners to ensure concerns are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
- Must possess the ability to supervise effectively at all levels, and with a variety of personalities.
- Motivate building partners to perform at a high level of competency.
- Manage time effectively, multi-task, and prioritize in order to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Computer proficiency required to handle job scheduling, costing, payroll, and communication with vendors and trades.
- Be decisive, flexible & work well under pressure when faced with unexpected situations or delays and in a very fast-paced environment.
- Can analyze, and resolve problems. Excellent organizational, leadership, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Construction Practices and Terminology. Ability to read and understand blueprints and construction documents.
- Attention to Detail and Persistence in follow up
- Strong sense of urgency
- Team player
- Must be able to able to remain in a stationary position up to 50% of the time
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds
- Report to Division/Corporate Office/Community daily and adhere to schedule
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer and/or electronic device
- Ability to have face to face conversations with customers, co-workers, and higher-level manager